Monday, November 05, 2007

Odd "news" pic of the day

Not that this is part of a series I'm doing...this just struck me as so odd, and SO badly composed, I thought it blogworthy. This is Anastasia Brown, who helps connect the Nashville music industry with the Hollywood film industry (and vice-versa). Local party scene "reporter" Heather Byrd managed to make even this gorgeous example of God's handiwork look, uh, less than her best. Scary, even. Proof that antlers make for a poor podium, in case you were wondering.

It's not so much that the picture is bad...and I'm not sure who took it...it's that the reporter chose to include it "as is" in a photo slideshow as her contribution to the online Tennessean. Don't hold your breath for the Pulitzer, Heather.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like someone is holding that poor girl hostage with those antlers..."Don't move, it's a stick up!" I cannot believe that was a submission to the Tennessean.