Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A picture is worth a thousand blogs

I've had some encouraging and, in a couple of cases surprising, responses from friends and acquaintances who've heard about my upcoming journey to South Africa. All very much appreciated.

Plans for the songwriting workshop (if that's what we end up calling it) are progressing, via e-mail. I'm collecting some books, DVD's etc. to offer as prizes/gifts. Gary Talley happens to have been the first contributor to that cause.


I'm shopping for a digital camera (it'll be my first). The Minolta X-370 I've had since I graduated from college has served me well over the years, but it's time to get something smaller that I can take with me without making people think I work for National Geographic...then I can share that much more of my experiences with you. I've got my eye on a Samsung Digimax L50 that has an audio-only recording feature; perfect for the picture-taking songwriter on the go (or amateur spy, whichever). Open to advice from the audience....

No comments: